Eleaf iStick Pico RDTA
The iStick Pico RDTA is an intuitively designed all-in-one style setup, presenting the same excellent performance as the popular iStick Pico and an innovative rebuildable dripping tank system in a compact yet stylish package. The tank can easily be refilled by a large fill port on the base and has an internal light that helps check e-liquid level. A floating dual post deck, an 8-hole adjustable and extensive airflow, a wide bore drip tip and an efficient wicking system all make the iStick Pico RDTA a must-have for all build enthusiasts to enjoy vaping to the most.
- Unscrew the atomizer and remove it, and then unscrew the deck inside;
- Lift the two screws on the posts of the deck, fix pre-made or self-built coils on the deck; (Note: please make sure the finally fixed coils do not come into contact with the surface of the deck and the inner wall of the atomizer tube; please first activate the device to heat the coils till they evenly glow red.)
- After the coils cool down, pass one piece of cotton through each coil, stuff the four holes on the deck with the tail ends of cotton and cut out spare cotton;
- Screw the deck back, and drip a few drops of e-liquid directly into the coils and cotton to make the
- coils fully saturated before use;
- Screw the atomizer back, remove the atomizer tube with mouthpiece to expose the fill port on the atomizer base, and then fill e-liquid into the tank through the port;
- Finally put the atomizer tube with mouthpiece on, adjust the airflow by turning the mouthpiece, and the atomizer is ready for use.
- After several puffs, please put the iStick Pico RDTA upside down to let e-liquid in the tank stream down to saturate the coils again or remove the atomizer tube to directly drip a few drops of e-liquid onto the coils again to saturate them.
Power on/off: the device can be powered on/off by pressing the fire button 5 times.
Vaping: long press the fire button to take a puff when the device is powered on.
Stealth on/off: press the fire button and “-” button simultaneously when the device is powered on to switch between Stealth On and Stealth Off mode. In Stealth On mode, you can vape with the OLED screen off and you can press the fire button one time to see current setting. Adjustment buttons lock/unlock: keep pressing “+” button and “-” button simultaneously for two seconds when the device is powered on, then the “+” and “-” buttons will be locked and the screen will display “Lock”. In the same way, the “+” and “-” buttons can be unlocked and the screen will display “Unlock”. Through this operation, you can protect the buttons from unintentional presses and prolong their lifespan.
Switch display mode: keep pressing “+” button and “-” button simultaneously for two seconds when the device is powered off, the screen display will rotate 180 degrees. You can view the screen from two different angles through this operation.
Switch display interfaces: in power-on state, choose VW mode; keep holding “+” and fire buttons till the current interface flashes; when it’s flashing, press “+” or “-” button to switch among different interfaces; finally press fire button once to confirm the interface you chose.
Note: the interface can only be changed and selected under VW mode in power-on tate. And when one interface is selected under VW mode, the interfaces of TC (Ni,Ti, SS, M1, M2, M3) modes will change accordingly and automatically. Preheat function: in power-off state, keep holding “+” and fire buttons till the M1 mode appears; press the fire button 3 times to “Power”, and press “+” or “-” button to adjust the wattage of preheat; press the fire button again to “Time”, and press “+” or “-” button to adjust the second of preheat or to turn off the preheat function.
Switch vaping modes: when the device is powered on, press the fire button 3 times in quick succession, the device will display current vaping mode. Press the “+” or “-” button to switch among VW, Bypass, Smart, TC-Ni, TC-Ti, TC-SS,TCR-M1, TCR-M2, TCR-M3 modes and then press the fire button once or stay in the interface for about 10 seconds to confirm the vaping mode you chose.
1) VW mode:
When set in VW mode, the device can support a coil whose resistance is within the range of 0.1ohm-3.5ohm.
Adjust wattage: in this mode, the output wattage can be adjusted from 1W to 75W by pressing “+” button or “-” button, “+” button to increase and “-” button to decrease. Long press “+” button or “-” button can rapidly increase or decrease the wattage level.
2) Bypass mode:
When set in Bypass mode, the device can support a coil whose resistance is within the range of 0.1ohm-3.5ohm. Direct output voltage system is applied in this mode. The higher the battery level, the higher the output voltage.
3) Smart mode:
In Smart mode, the wattage can be adjusted from 1W to 75W by pressing”+” button or “-” button only when an atomizer is installed on the device. The Smart mode will save one output power setting for each resistance value and can totally save ten groups of such settings. Once you change the output power setting for a resistance, it will re-save the changed setting automatically. When the smart mode has already remembered ten settings and you want to add another new resistance, the first saved setting will be deleted. When set in this mode, the device can support a coil whose resistance is within the range of 0.1ohm-3.5ohm.
4) TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR(M1, M2, M3) Mode:
When set in TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS mode, the device can separately support Nickel 200, Titanium, and Stainless Steel 316 coils. In TCR (Temperature Coefficient of Resistance) mode, the device can support different temperature control coils within different TCR value ranges and you can set the TCR at different values within proper range. (Resistance range of coil: 0.05ohm-1.5ohm)
The Setting of TCR Mode (M1,M2,M3): when the device is powered off, keep pressing the fire button and the “+” button simultaneously, then you will enter into the TCR (M1,M2,M3) set menu:
- Press the “+” or “-” button to choose among M1, M2 and M3 modes;
- Press the fire button once to confirm the mode you chose;
- Press the “+” or “-” button to increase or decrease the TCR value according to the material of the coil you use;
- Keep pressing the fire button or stay in the interface for about 10 seconds to confirm your setting.
Following are different TCR value ranges for different coils for your reference:
Adjust wattage: in TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR(M1,M2,M3) mode, the output wattage can be adjusted from 1W to 75W. Press the fire button 4 times in quick succession to enter the wattage setting menu and press “+” or “-” button to increase or decrease the wattage level. Keep pressing “+” or “-” button without looseness to rapidly increase or decrease the wattage level.
Adjust temperature: in TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR(M1,M2,M3) mode, temperature can be adjusted from 100-315℃ or 200-600℉ by pressing “+” button or “-” button, “+” button to increase and “-” button to decrease. Each press of the “+” “-” button will increase or decrease the temperature setting by 5℃ or 10℉. Keep pressing “+” button or “-” button without looseness can rapidly increase or decrease temperature setting.
Shift between ℃ and ℉: if you increase the temperature to 315 ℃, and continue to press the “+” button, the temperature reading will automatically change to the lowest Fahrenheit (200℉). Equally, if the temperature is set at the lowest Fahrenheit (200℉) and you continue to press the “-” button, the temperature reading will automatically change to the highest Celsius (315 ℃).
Lock/Unlock resistance: in TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR(M1,M2,M3) mode, when the device is powered on, keep pressing the fire button and “+” button simultaneously for two seconds to lock or unlock atomizer “base resistance”. The lock sign will appear when resistance is locked and “Ω” symbol will come back when unlocked.
- Please lock the resistance when the coil is at room temperature so that the device can display the correct “base resistance”.
- In resistance lock mode, when you remove the coil and then put it back, the device can maintain the same “base resistance” although the coil resistance may increase due to the rise of temperature. In resistance unlock mode, when you remove the coil and then put a coil back, the screen may display “New coil up same down” as the coil resistance may increase within certain range. If it is the same coil, press the “-” button and if it is a new coil, press the “+” button. But please unlock the resistance when you want to change an atomizer or a coil of different resistance.
- When using a common coil or a coil whose resistance is above 1.5ohm in TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR(M1,M2,M3) mode by mistake, the device will automatically switch back to VW mode.
How to put custom logo in the device?
Download the file on our official website, plug the device in with USB cable to a computer, and double click the EleafUpdate.exe. Then click “LOGO” and open the image you choose to put it in the device. Finally press the fire button twice in quick succession when the device is powered on to enter logo on/off interface and press “+” or “-” button once to turn on/off logo.
- Please make sure the image you choose is a monochrome image of 96*16 pixels in the format of bmp.
- If you fail to put the custom logo in and the device shuts down, press the “-” button once to restart the device.
Functions of Micro USB Port
The battery power indicator on the screen of iStick Pico RDTA will keep flashing when the remaining power of the device is less than 10%. Simply plug the device in to a 1A wall adapter or computer via USB cable to charge it. The battery bar on the screen will keep flashing during charging and the screen will go out when fully charged.
The firmware can be upgraded by connecting the device with a computer through the USB port via a micro USB cable.
Atomizer Protection: each time when vaping time exceeds 10 seconds, the output shuts off automatically with “Over 10s” display on the screen.
Atomizer Low Alert: when the resistance of coil is lower than 0.1ohm in VW/Bypass/Smart mode or lower than 0.05ohm in TC modes, the screen will display “Atomizer Low”.
Atomizer Short-circuit & No Atomizer Protection: When atomizer short-circuit occurs, the screen will display “Atomizer Short”. The screen will display “No Atomizer” when there is no atomizer connected.
Low-voltage Protection: when the voltage of the device is below 3.3V, the screen will first display “Battery Low” and then “Lock”. Charge the device to activate it.
Temperature Protection: in TC modes, when the actual temperature of coil reaches the set temperature, the screen will display “Temp Protection”. You can continue to use the device normally.
Temperature Alert: if the temperature of device is over alert temperature, the output will shut off automatically and the screen will display “Device Too Hot”. You can continue to vape after it cools down.